"Are they Prada?"

Thursday, February 26, 2009



Last night a man 23 years my senior asked me If I wanted to exchange phone numbers. This was after I was held at the club door for looking barely 16, and after Blake's reassurance that I really was the age written on my drivers license... That the door man finally let me through.
Sometimes people start a conversation like this. "Do people ever tell you that you look like (Insert a movie star's name)." For me I generally get Miley Cyrus. A...why thank you, I am so happy I look like a prepubescent Disney Channel Pop Star! :) I guess I should be pleased, I mean looking like a movie star is a great compliant right? Who would ever want to be beautiful because they look like themselves! And for the record I came first, Miley Cyrus really is only 16. They should be saying she looks like me!

As I sat there at the club, Blake chatting it up with complete strangers I realized there is a double standard in a married couples social life. When Blake tells a single person he is married 9 times out of ten they can still stand there carrying on a great conversation. If I tell a single person I'm married they run in the opposite direction. This also tells me that:

A. These single people are coming to me based on either the prospect of a date or that I look like Miley Cyrus and they want an autograph.

B. These people are staying with Blake's non-single self because of his buttery personality

AND

C. I am a social retard

.... so were does this leave me, chatting it up with creepy 45 year olds? Maybe I should add in a letter D. Hip married woman looking for female wing woman. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! At least then I would always have a buddy! Now you are probably asking yourself why is Blake not standing there beating off the RiFf RaFf. People, he is a stellar social butterfly and who am (the social retard) I to hold the man back:)

On my way out I was stopped for a conversation about my shiny black pumps. A man whom I have now dubbed Jean Pierre puffed elegant rings of cigarette smoke. He was dressed in monochromatic shades of black and his head was swathed in a side swept beret.
"Nice shoes man...Are they Prada?"... NO... UNCOMFORTABLE SILENCE... "Dolce Gabbana?"... NO..."Hmmm." IN TIGAN'S MIND: No you crazy man they are discount nine west shoes from Ross, you are old enough to be my father and I will not go out with you!
Did I mention that these were two separate occasions with different senior men. One of which had a son my age... HELLO!!! Oh well I guess I still have my discount Prada/Dolce Gabbana/Ross stilettos.

If you haven't noticed I'm a cheeky little thing. Don't take it personally{wink, wink}

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Tigan, this post is quite funny. Good writing. Hasn't Miley Syrus recently been caught in some naughty photos? Maybe that's why all the old men are after you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that when reading your post I can always assure myself there will be witty comments and laughter. I love it. Plus you are much cuter than Miley Syrus.

    ReplyDelete

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram