Carnagie Deli

Sunday, January 04, 2009

We Cure, Smoke and Pickle our own-that says it all. The aroma of cured deli meats and sour pickles is a dizzying rush. you pass the counter full of meats and smoke fish salads. Salamis hangs like a curtain over the counter adding their garlicky perfume to the air. The Carnegie Deli is best know for immense sandwiches. Blake Ordered a mellow not too zesty, utterly tender, fatty savoring, ridiculously large- so tall that the top piece of rye bread appears to be merely and afterthought applied to the tower of Corn Beef meat sandwich.


I ordered an Apple Juice! Bread with a heaping tower of red steaming meat and a side order of.. MEAT didn't sound very appealing. So I just watch Blake enjoy every morsel. I know that the Carnegie is very famous here in NYC unfortunately I thought the service was crappy the waiters were rude and we both agreed that at $14.75 for a sandwich they could at least give you some lettuce.


My cousin recommended that we try Katz Deli on the Lower East Side. I checked online and their prices are a lot better and they even have a grilled cheese for me. I think we'll try there next I know Blake's defiantly up to it!






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've wanted to try Katz's for some time now. I hear nothing but good things about it! If you try it before we do, you'll have to let us know how it is.

    ReplyDelete

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram