48HR Film Festival

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to do a little set decoration/design for a short film. It was my first baby step into film and I had a total blast working with such talented people. I designed the film poster from a few facebook photos and a lot of photoshop. The crew and talent were so willing to work with any ideas I had which totally made this learning experience a blast.

For those who don't know anything about this film festival here's a little background.  You basically get 48 hour to write the script, film and edit the short. Each team is given a genre, we got holiday/ travel. We also had to use a watch the line " I meant to tell you a few days ago" and someone named Al/or Alana.  

Our team rented a hotel room and I had to add props and decor to make it more reminiscent of a Hawaiian vacation. I have a new found respect for film making. That tiny hotel room house about 20 people both talent and crew for over 16 hours.

We switched to the pool location the next day. I love to see the details and behind the scenes that go into any creative project and this was no exception.

 The whole team at the premier.

I'll post the film below  but I want to warn you a head of time that there is some STRONG LANGUAGE. If you just want to watch for the set design I did I guess you could watch it on silent. We had a very small budget so a lot of the items were homemade.


Until You Suffer Some from Nolan Peacock on Vimeo.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project. I've also been asked to help on a few up an coming projects so I'll make sure to take lots of pics and keep you guys up to date.

P.S. If you are ever in need of a fake bomb I totally know how to make one ;)

xoxo,
Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram