DAY 11: To Mr. Robinson With Love

Saturday, August 20, 2016



Perhaps you've heard that saying you can't change a man... a statement I believe to be true. Over the years however I started to notice Mr. Robinsons very unique ability to do just that, change. It is, I hate to admit it not one of my strongest attributes but it is quite possibly one of the very things I love most about Mr. Robinson.
There are so many ingredients in the preverbrial recipe of a good marriage. Some of which can all to easily go a miss, turning something sweet into something bitter and tasteless. In most cases our pitfalls have come from selfishness as I'm sure is the case for most marriages. Which is why Mr. Robinson's capacity to about-face was selected as The pinnacle Day 11 of Reasons Why I love Mr. Robinson.
The building of something new can often be uncomfortable, scary and difficult.  This undoubtedly is why we as humans so adamantly rebuff the experience and instead trudge forward on the same worn path hoping for greener pastures.

Some time ago I taped a tiny seed to a set of verses found in Alma. The verses compare the word faith to a seed. Recently I came across an article using the phrase "seeds of change" and it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps a compairison of the word change rather than faith might prove enlightening for those of us stubborn worn path trudgers. The verses describe the seed which in our case we'll call the seed of change to "SWELL within your our breast."

"It beginneth to ENLARGEN my soul;
yea it beginneth to ENLIGHTEN my understanding,
yea it beginneth to be DELICIOUS to me."

There's a quote somewhere floating on the internet that says " When things are falling apart they may be falling into place. When we stoping using the excuses of fear and redirect our focus from the difficult and the uncomfortable suddenly change can give way to an enlarging of your soul, and enlightenment of understanding and just as the quotes says "a falling into place" where things become "delicious to me."

I've only seen the Princess Bride once and to be honest it never struck a cord with me but I heard a recent interview from the actor who plays Inigo Montoya that I found to be so very profound specifically on the subject of change.



How often are we missing out on the goodness of life because we refuse to change. When we hide from the road less traveled by we miss out on the things that make all the difference. Life is about changing, a healthy marriage can often benefit from a change of heart, a change of tone, a change of opinion, a change of habit. If you or as I have often found myself  rooted, stubbornly facing west you'll only get the sunset. But if that turning of darkness into a little more light allows for the slightest bit of change you might find what you had been missing all along, the beauty of sunrise.

Mr. Robinson's company Evolve Health and Fitness has a series of edicts that philosophize his training system, one of which states.

CHANGE DOES NOT COME BY CHANCE IT HAPPENS ONE PERSON, ONE MOMENT AND ONE ACTION AT A TIME. WE ACT TO CHANGE THE PROCEDURE WITH WHICH WE CONTROL OUR HEALTH AND FITNESS. PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT AND MENTAL ADJUSTMENTS REQUIRE A BIT OF MOXIE. WE RESIST THE “SHOULD HAVES” AND “CANNOTS” AND FOSTER A TRANSFORMATION OF SELF.


It's true "A women can't change a man because she loves him but a man can change because he loves her." and that is something that after 11 years I am truly grateful for.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram