This Is the PLACE?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009


This is pretty much how I felt when the decision was made that we would be returning to UTAH. HANG ON... ( I know what you're thinking what happened to DC?) Well to make a long story short it came down to three things MONEY, MONEY oh and that darn RECESSION we're having. So feeling like DC wasn't right for us at the present time... we high tailed it outta there and found us a nice empty bedroom in my parents basement. YES, you heard right I am currently dwelling in my old empty childhood bedroom... in my PARENTS BASEMENT. With all of our quantum level of mistakes, pitfalls, hardships, misfortunes and several cases of just plain BAD Luck I am pleased to say I'm still smiling and I wouldn't change a thing. This entire experience makes me think of one of my very favorite cards, which reads...

"Sometimes life gives your lemons... So you make lemonade.
And sometimes life runs an electric
sander across your bare naked
buttocks and then pours lemon juice
into your raw abrasive wounds.
In this case, a cool citrus drink might
not do the trick.
But by golly cheer up! Things will look better sooner than you think."


And I'm happy to report they certainly have...

Jen's Bridal Shower @ Mimi's Cafe



I stole these pictures off my friends blog... Thanks :)

and
Blake got a job as the...

Fitness Director @ The ALTA CLUB

For more than 120 years, the Alta Club has been the gathering place for Utah's business, educational and political leaders. Founded in 1883, thirteen years before Utah became a state, the Alta Club holds a unique place not only in the immediate community but in the Intermountain West as well. Originally modeled after the private clubs that flourished on the east and west coasts in the late nineteenth century, we've retained our traditional spirit while embracing the present.

Today the Alta Club serves as a forum for business development and social interaction, and offers facilities for dining, social events, and business meetings. The guest accommodations, available to members, their families, and their guests, are the best-kept secret in the city.

The Fitness Center offers cardiovascular and strength training equipment, steam rooms, a personal trainer, massage therapists, and the Alta Club Salon. The club's Business Center helps members and guests stay as connected as they like, with state of the art computing facilities and private workrooms.

On a side note what is up with recession sized mints at restaurants. For heaven sakes I'm still paying full price I should at least be getting a full sized mint.

So for now we're back nestled in the valley of the rocky mountains. But next week who knows! {LOL}

xoxo,

Photobucket



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. We are moving in with Josh's parents after we graduate, so we are in your same boat! Welcome back to Utah... hopefully we will get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post. plus i love little child tigan pictures, there the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like that same scenario is being played around everywhere. It is not really a setback; drastic times call for drastic measures. You guys will do great wherever you go. Best wishes. We look forward to your updates from beautiful Utah. (Bill has never been there and I am just itching to take him there sometime.) Take care and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you have a Pool I would never leave!!!! Congrats on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least you have a pool :)
    Also, the business I work for is right next door to the Alta Club. Congrats to Blake for landing the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, didn't see Janelle's comment about the pool. I guess our priorities are obvious.

    ReplyDelete

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram